July 4, 2011

Product Review: Udi's Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns

I've had a couple of requests for GF product reviews, so I figured I would start with the hamburger buns we tried this weekend.

To celebrate the 4th of July, my siblings and I had a BBQ. Since half of us are GF, I splurged and bought the new Udi's Gluten Free Hamburger Buns I had been hearing about. I heard they would be hard to find, but found them in the freezer section of the Sunflower Market for $5.99.

The buns tasted great and had a good airy texture but they were a bit dry. My brother warmed his up in the microwave for 30 seconds with a little water and said it helped a lot.

Overall, they were good, but I'm not sure I would buy them again. They are pretty expensive, and after having been gluten free for a year, I think the bun was just too much. However, if you really love buns and/or haven't gotten used to protein-style burgers, they are definitely worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment