February 1, 2012

Chicken Gnocchi Soup

I've been dreaming about this soup for a long time. When I was in graduate school, my roommate Miriam and I made this imitation Olive Garden soup and it was absolutely delicious. When I went gluten free, I searched for gluten free gnocchi but I could never find it. I still can't, but I found a recipe for gluten free gnocchi and I knew I had to make it for this soup.

3-4 chicken breasts, boiled and cubed
2 c. half and half
2 c. chicken broth
1 stalk celery
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup carrot, grated
1 onion diced
1 c. spinach, chopped
1 t. thyme
salt and pepper to taste
16 ounces gnocchi
1 T cornstarch

1. Saute celery, onion, garlic, and carrot over medium heat.
2. Add chicken and chicken stock, half and half, salt and pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil.
3. Add gnocchi. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add spinach. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment